Kale belongs to the cabbage family, which means it is a close relative of white cabbage, broccoli, and cauliflower. Amino acid content Kale is identical to meat, 200 grams of this vegetable gives the body the necessary daily dose of protein. Moreover, with amounts of calcium, this vegetable is superior to milk. The leaves content includes omega-3 fatty acid, which is equal to the amount in fish products.
Cultivation of Kale Seeds
The plant is tolerant to cold temperatures, as it is not afraid of frost, because of cold weather, its leaves become only sweeter.
- You need to take a few jars and fertile soil. Plant 1-2 seeds in each jar and cover them with plastic wrap.
- Seeds germinate in 5 – 7 days, then you need to remove the plastic wrap from the jars.
- It would be best if you chose a place for planting lited well by the sun — cabbage planted at a distance of 20 inches from each other.
- The main requirements for care are watering and loosening the soil. Over the dry season, you need to loosen the soil several times. Kale loves moisture, because in the hot season, it may be necessary to water it almost every day, but you should let the soil dry out between waterings.
- You can cut the leaves for 2-3 months after landing when they reach a length of 8 inches.