Benefits and Features
Broad spectrum Biological Control, For control of root grubs, termites, ants, locusts and many soil insects
Mode of Action
- The genus Metarhizium anisoplae CGAIPFMA-019 is an important group of entomopathogenic fungi with a worldwide distribution, products formulated with this fungus are used in agriculture worldwide, acting as biological control agents for many orders of insect pests
- Conidialspores of Metarhizium anisoplaeCGAIPFMA-019 gets attached to the host by entering through the hosts spiracles and pores of its sense organs and start germinating.
- CURATOR GA TM Surface growth on cuticle occurs to a limited extent where the fungus derives nutrition from the lipids in the cuticle.
- Metarhizium anisoplae CGAIPFMA-019 extracellular enzymes mainly the proteases help penetration of insect cuticles through localized hydrolysis.
- CURATOR GA TM mycelia produce secondary metabolites that help the fungus overcome the host defences.
- It infects the insect on contact and does not need to be consumed by the host to cause infection.
- Metarhizium anisopliae establishes Infection between 24 to 48 hours.
- The infected insect may live for three to five days after hyphal penetration and after death of host insect pest, the conidiophores bearing conidia are produced on cadaver.
- It is both entomopathogen and endophyte; they are found in soil, insects (specially infecting spittlebugs) and they are able to colonize roots of a variety of plants resulting in increased plant growth and providing increased tolerance against pests and diseases.
- The fungus then develops inside the body, eventually killing the insect after few days; this lethal effect is highly likely aided by the production of insecticidal cyclic peptides (destruxins).
Composition of Active Ingredient
Metarhizium anisoplae CGAIPFMS-019 (2×10^8 CFU/gm min- 1.15%., Carrier material 98.35%, carboxy methyl cellulose-0.50%. Total-100%.
There are no reviews yet.