Efo Tete. Otherwise Known as (African Spinach):
The English Name: African Spinach, Callaloo
The Local Name: Efo Tete (Yoruba)
The Botanically: Amaranthus hybridus, Family Amaranthaceae
How To Grow African Spinach.
- The first thing you need to do is, you need to go and buy a good viable seed from a reliable source. It might be from Agro-Ventures where you will be able to trust their seed for planting.
- Thereafter, you go to your seedbed or if you don’t have a seedbed you can as well induce your own artificial means by cutting away the top layer of an empty gallon or an unused bucket.
- Fill it up with loamy soil, if possible you can add animal droppings such as Poultry droppings, rabbit droppings, cattle droppings, etc this is just to increase the productivity and yield.
Then you wet, I mean add some quantity of water to moisture the soil inside the bucket.
- Pour a little quantity of African Spinach seed inside a wider bowl so as to thoroughly mix the seed with the soil before applying it to the moisture portion of the bucket.
- Put inside the sun so as for photosynthesis to act on it. That’s for the garden method.
Large Portion Of Land.
- After you Plough, Ridge, you Harrow. Then you add the seed with the large portion of earth’s crust so as to uniformly distribute the seed round the plates portion of land.