Seed Co Maize Seeds
This Seed Co product is a late maturity maize hybrid seeds with many desirable characteristics for profitable and bountiful production.
Seed Co Maize Seeds: Product characteristics
- High grain yield, tolerant to Maize Streak Virus and grey leaf spot.
- White grain with semi dent characteristics.
- Late maturing variety (135 – 150 days).
- High yielder 12.5 – 14 tons per hectare (50 – 56 bags of 100kg per acre).
- Tall and large plant structure, late maturity, excellent lodging tolerance, early vigour, and high grain yield make it an ideal choice for Sillage.
- Resistance to Gray Leaf Spot Maize Streak Viruses (MSV) and Mottle Viruses.
- Outstanding tolerance to Northern Corn Leaf Spot and Phaeosphaerial Leaf Spot disease.
- Excellent resistance to both stalk and root lodging.
Health Benefits of Maize
- The high amount of fibre present in corn helps lower cholesterol levels and also reduces the risk of colon cancer.
- Corn, if consumed in moderate quantities, has been seen to be beneficial for those suffering from diabetes.
- Being rich in folate, corn helps the generation of new cells, especially important before and during pregnancy.
- Those suffering from anaemia have shown positive effects after consuming corn.
- The pantothenic acid present in corn helps the physiological functions of the body.
- Owing to the presence of thiamin, corn has been said to help in the metabolism of carbohydrates.
- Corn has been found to be helpful in treating kidney problems, including renal dysfunction.
- Regular consumption of corn, in moderate quantities, has been associated with better cardiovascular health.
- The beta-cryptoxanthin in corn makes it good for the health of the lungs cryptoxanthin and may even help prevent lung cancer.
- The insoluble fibre in corn makes it good for those suffering from common digestive ailments, like constipation and haemorrhoids.