Pioneer Corn Seed is a very high-yielding hybrid and has a unique plant structure that makes it respond to higher populations. It also has very good standability which is required in the markets. Corn is grown throughout Nigeria and acreage has been going up due to increasing demand from poultry feed industry and other industrial purposes. Pioneer Corn seeds are high yielding, fit for water stress conditions, disease tolerance, and good standability.
- High yielding & Lodging Tolerance.
- Long cobs with 40-45 grains per row.
- Compact cob, stay green character
- Proven highly digestible hybrid, also recommended for silage
Uses of Maize
Maize is used for many different purposes. It is mainly used as fodder for animals, food grain, popcorn, baby corn, sweet corn and green cobs. Corn flour is also widely used.
Maize also serves as a basic raw material to thousands of industrial products that may include oil, starch, alcoholic beverages, food sweeteners, pharmaceutical, gum, textile, package, food cereals, cosmetic and paper industries.
Health Benefits of Consuming Maize/Corn
Consuming maize or corn has some health benefits. Most notable health benefits of consuming maize are mentioned below.
- Due to the fibre content, consuming maize is good for digestion.
- Maize can help in lowering LDL cholesterol.
- Regular consumption of corn can helps in preventing skin problems and can also help to combat hair loss.
- Consuming corn is beneficial for the heart, and it may help in preventing Alzheimer’s disease.
- Eating maize is good for preventing diabetes and hypertension.
- It can help in improving vision and it also has anti-cancer properties