Ares is a variety from a research program specifically designed for rainy season. Indeed, for several years, our breeders have been working in order to create varieties that allow producers to sell their bulbs when there is more demand than offer. And because of its earliness and vigor, Ares has an excellent ability to withstand difficult conditions of rainy season.
• Reddish skin
• Pungent taste
• Medium size
• Flattened thick shape
• 100 to 105 days after transplanting
Difficult growing conditions in rainy season require an appropriate technical crop management.
We advise you to cultivate this variety:
– on raised beds to avoid rot bulbs
– with a planting density lower than in the dry season, about 250 to 300 plants / m2
– ensure regular weeding, to avoid competition from weeds
– proper monitoring of irrigation (do not rely solely on rainfall to grow this variety, which are often very abundant and irregular)
Thus, taking care of your crop, you could easily promote your products on the market, because you will be the only one to sell onion !
There are no reviews yet.