Both urban and rural areas are used to grow cockerels. Cockerel production is preferred by small poultry farmers over broiler production because it is less expensive and less susceptible to disease. Cockerels are bred for consumption. Depending on the level of management offered, they will take anywhere from six months to a year to completely mature.
The advantages of cockerel farming or production;
- The meat is delicious and well-liked.
- There is no prohibition on consuming meat.
- It can be grown in both small and large quantities.
- When compared to other poultry, cockerels are hardy and disease resistant.
- It can be grown in both intensive and semi-intensive production systems.
- In comparison to broiler meat, the meat is poor in fat and cholesterol.
- It is frequently raised by locals.
- It has a high biological value and is a decent source of animal protein.
- It provides farmers with a good source of income.
- Other farm businesses can be merged with this one.
- The day-old cockerel was easy to come by.
- Cockerel marketing is a year-round activity rather than a seasonal one.
- It can hit a market weight of 3-4kg when fully mature.
There are no reviews yet.