The Strawberry is a succulent and fragrant fruit of bright red colour, obtained from the plant with the same name. Strawberries are highly appreciated for their pleasant aroma and as an appetite stimulator. They are easily digested and they have a great laxative effect, due to their fibre content, pigments, acids, and enzymes. It is rich in basic minerals, which confers it the property to stimulate the metabolism.
Strawberries are a good source of vitamin C, manganese, folate (vitamin B9), and potassium. They contain small amounts of several other vitamins and minerals.
Due to their high potassium content, strawberries provide benefits for people who have a raised risk of high blood pressure by helping to offset the effects of sodium in the body.
Strawberries have a preventive effect against heart disease due to their high polyphenol content.
Eating foods such as strawberries, grapes, watermelon, and cantaloupe that are high in water content and fiber can help hydrate the body and maintain regular bowel movements.
Strawberries are a healthful fruit choice for people with diabetes. The substantial fiber content of the berries also helps to regulate blood sugar and keep it stable by avoiding extreme highs and lows.
Ways to garnish your diets with Strawberry
- Dice strawberries and add them to your chicken salad.
- Make your own fruit cocktail with fresh fruit. Include grapes, pineapple, sliced peaches, and strawberries. Drizzle a small amount of honey on top of the fruit mixture for extra sweetness if wanted.
- Add sliced strawberries to plain Greek yogurt with a drizzle of agave nectar and sliced almonds.
- Top whole-grain waffles, pancakes, or oatmeal with fresh strawberries, or fold them into muffins and sweetbreads. You can also blend strawberries in a food processor with a little water and use as a fresh syrup to top desserts or breakfast foods.
- Mix cut strawberries into a spinach salad with walnuts and goat’s cheese.
- Put some frozen, unsweetened strawberries into a blender with a banana, low-fat milk, and ice for a quick and easy strawberry and banana smoothie.
There are no reviews yet.