Rice bran meal though has only 14-16% proteins which is very less compared to other oil meals like soybean meal, peanut meal, rapeseed meal etc, it has low fibre content which makes it free from rancidity problems and hence is in great demand for use in poultry as well as in cattle feed. Rice bran meal is also heard getting used as organic fertilizer and for medicinal purpose.
The usage of rice bran in animal feed industry is well known and researched. However, only recently have the functional and nutritional applications of rice bran been made popular. It was only a few years ago when this by-product of the rice milling process was considered of very limited value because of its lipid instability.
- Rearing piglets and starter feeds: max 10% in the ration
- Porkers: max 5% in the ration
- Lactating sows: max 10% in the ration
- Laying hens: max 10% in the ration
- Broiler: 5% in the ration
- High content of lysine and methionine
- High content vitamin
- Store in cool and dry place.
- Store out of direct sunlight.