- Common feeds usually contain essential minerals but often in insufficient amounts or in suboptimal ratios. Beside basic feeds, animals require dietary mineral supplements in order to maintain good health and production, especially if kept in confinement permanently. Adequate mineral uptake together with food and water intake represents one of the basic requirements for successful animal production. Animal feeding practice uses numerous mineral supplements to provide calcium. Limestone (calcium carbonate) is the most widely used of them all.
Limestone is the most common source of calcium used in livestock feeding. The shell of each egg that is laying is made up of nearly 95% calcium carbonate by dry weight. To produce hard eggs, chickens will be consuming up to 20 times the amount of calcium in one year than the amount of calcium that is contained in their actual bones.
Benefits of Grinded Limestone in Animal Feed:
- Proper development of bones and teeth
- Regulation of heartbeat and blood clotting
- Muscle contractiona and nerve impulse
- Support Healthy Digestion System
- Strengthening & Hardening of Egg Shell
- Increases Milk Production
Limestone can be included in foods and diets for Pigs, beef and Dairy cattle, Poultry, Horses and Sheep.
Different animals require a different level or quantities of Limestone at different stages of their growth. It is always best to consult with a professional animal nutritionist to ensure the correct ratio for animal feed of livestock.