Following bleeding, the birds go through scalding tanks. These tanks contain hot water that softens the skin so that the feathers can be removed. The temperature of the water is carefully controlled.
In the scalding tank, the carcasses are fully submerged and pulled through hot water kept at a constant scalding temperature, providing an excellent result. The advantages of the scalding tank are:
- Constant scalding temperature
- Decreased energy consumption
- Low maintenance costs
- User-friendly operating panel
- Proven scalding quality
- It is a recommended equipment/step for processing birds before being transferred to the automatic de-feathering machine. The general steps for recommended poultry processing include:
- Poultry transport to the slaughterhouse – hook assembly line – shock/slaughter – bloodletting – scalding – feather-plucking – evisceration/processing – washing – pre-chilling – cutting – packing.
This stainless steel scalding machine is thus indicated for use in conjunction with the defeathering machine for the removal of feathers from poultry birds (broilers, old layers, cockerels, turkeys, etc).
There are no reviews yet.